So you masturbate ten times a week and you wonder if you’re “normal”? Finally, it gets to you and you do a google search under “Masturbation Survey” to see what you can come up with to alleviate your concerns about perceived excess. You do this just to see how you compare with others … to see if you’re “normal.”
But what is “normal”? It is a nonsense word that appears to have meaning, but, upon further reflection, has none. There is, however, such a thing as average. The term “average” as can be expressed by a number and that has meaning; it is concrete and undeniable. So let’s say the average guy masturbates 7 times per week, if true, we can safely say, that you jerk off a bit more than average, but is this “normal”? The question really is: Does one’s drinking, or gambling, or video game playing, or watching porn, or masturbating seriously interfere with one’s life? If so, only then should the habit in question is be curtailed, but, short of that, forget about what’s normal.
In BestSexSite.net’s Masturbation Survey 40% of men and women have declared: “The more I masturbate, the happier I am.” Additionally, 56% of men and 72% of women indicated that masturbation was the best stress-reliever. Personally, I wholeheartedly recommend that one has an orgasm at least 3-5 times per week, and, ideally, 5-7 times per week, be it through sex, masturbation, or mutual masturbation with a partner. Why? Because the body of scientific research is revealing the tremendous health benefits behind masturbation/achieving orgasms. In fact, the European Union encourages adolescents to masturbate. Britain’s National Health Service (the NHS) released a pamphlet, entitled An Orgasm a Day Keeps the Doctor Away. This health pamphlet encourages British teens to masturbate to promote both safe sex and health.
Health Benefits of Masturbation
- To state the obvious, it is the safest form of sex one will ever have.
- It is nature’s great stress reliever and natural sedative.
- It increases endorphins, leading to a sense of well being.
- It boosts the immune system and it is a natural pain killer.
- It is good for the cardio-vascular system.
- In women, it relieves painful menstruation and pelvic cramping.
- In men, it reduces the risk of prostrate cancer. Orgasms essentially “cleanse” the prostrate by flushing the prostrate of old, unhealthy semen and the cancer causing chemicals they can produce. In fact, a 2003 Australian study reveals that men who masturbate more than 5 times per week are 1/3 less likely to develop prostrate cancer.
- Exploring your own body can help you make better lovers.
- Finally, with masturbation, you never have to rely on someone else to get you off. And if your significant other isn’t in the mood or is in the advanced stages of pregnancy, etc., why not go solo?
In developed world at least, gone forever are the puritanical taboos regarding masturbation as well as all of the asinine propaganda that it will make you go blind, lead to serious illnesses by draining you of vital fluids, etc. It is still interesting to note that it is a subject few talk about openly. Why should such a fundamental, instinctual act, be so hush-hush?
Well, it’s in the open, here, at BestSexSite.net. Take our Masturbation Survey to see how you compare with others. The results are now in, and some are rather startling!